Monday, September 7, 2009

Introductory Letter

Dear Parents,

We have a wonderful opportunity this year to create a rich and supportive learning environment that honours God. I am looking forward to seeing what God will do among us this year! There are a number of practical items to address.

Agendas: Students will have a planner that we will use in class to keep track of upcoming events like trips, tests, special days, etc. I would like parents to sign the planners each night as this is the best way for me to communicate with you about the goings on in the classroom. Also, I check the planners each morning so that makes them a great way for you to communicate with me.

Homework: I have assigned each student a homework folder. I will give them their homework on Monday, and it will be due on Fridays.

Birthdays: On their birthday I will give a card and a prize to your child. You may also send a snack to school with your child for the class.

Parent Volunteers: If you would like to help out in your child’s classroom, I would love to have you. Let me know.

Reading Carpet: We are looking for cushions for our Reading Carpet.

School Supplies: Your child will need the following school supplies:

  • a shoebox
  • pencil crayons
  • box of kleenex
  • a cm ruler
  • pencils and erasers
  • glue stick
  • 1 pkg. of lined paper
  • indoor shoes
  • markers (optional)
  • no binders

Lunches: We will have two lunch periods each day. Please pack a drink and some food for each period. We also have a microwave in the classroom. Students will have a chance to warm up food during only one of the lunch breaks. No popcorn please.

Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Sincerely yours,

Mr. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment